Florida is prone to storms and hurricanes and often in this season reaches its high point of humidity. The moisture starts to grow inside your home and serves as a threat to walls and home belongings as well as your health if bacteria found its place to grow. This season is the best time to maintain your home through cleaning and repairing. Though drywall gives value to every home and much more attractive than other materials. However, it needs certain maintenance for long-lasting use and avoids larger damage.
Here are the tips that can help you maintain your interior drywall.
- Keep pointed things away from your wall. Only when scratches and marks of furniture and other things will only be left at your drywall can easily be removed and repaired. How about if it will cause holes and cracks? Therefore, to avoid holes and cracks in your drywall, furniture with sharp edges should retain from its place within a certain distance from the wall. Though it can be repaired through patching and covering with some compounds, however, damages cost another repair expense.
- Replace popped nails with drywall screws. Nails are used to supporting the drywall and prevent falling, but it can be annoying if it’s not completely covered and will often loosen the material. By replacing the nails to the drywall screw, the drywall to the stud is secured. Then cover it with tape and compound to protect the screw.
- Fix loose compound materials. Paint and compound applied to the drywall will commonly peel off and loosen. These materials can be removed and replaced by applying a new drywall compound and repaint to make it look refreshed and new.
- Dry out stagnant water. Water from the bathroom or from the kitchen that stayed on for days or weeks may cause moisture and mold growth. Though some drywall is moisture and water-resistant, when not taken care of, it will result in damage and end up repairing which everyone doesn’t want to happen.
- Have a quarterly drywall inspection. Checking up the drywall even at least twice a year will help maintain the quality of your home’s wall. Knowing its state is already a part of maintenance. Since insects like termites might attack the drywall visibly out of your sight, drywall replacement is another cost.
Maintenance can be done in many ways to prevent damage and pricey repair. Though the value of high-quality standard drywall is based on quality work done and the materials used, maintenance is another consideration to make it last.
You may now be aware of how to avoid drywall damages and will look for a contractor for drywall services if needed. Smith Plastering, Inc. will provide help and finish the job for you. Contact 239-594-7537 if you are in Naples or Collier and Lee counties.