The term commonly known to identify shelter, which is often used to define housing, has a strong relationship with the primary purpose of housing throughout the world. The mental image of shelter is of a safe, secure place that provides both privacy and protection from the elements and the extreme temperatures of the outside world.
Houses are being valued to keep the people safe from harsh weather as well as to be able to provide comfort for those occupying them. Thus, the structural integrity of your home is of much importance. Routine and regular checking of your house for possible signs of structural problems will help detect and prevent severe damage that may seriously cost more to repair and incur additional costs in the future.
Moreover, Smith Plastering, Inc., for more than two decades, has been the most trusted and respected company of contractors for providing the best quality of service when it comes to stucco services, drywall finishes and also metal framing and painting services along Naples, Florida, and its surrounding locations.
Furthermore, homeowners and even proprietors of business establishments ought to know the various signs that the structure of their respective homes are at serious risk of impairment or destruction.
Here are some signs to guide you:
- Bowed Walls. Bulging in external walls is a result of decreasing wall stability thus, connotes a possible threat to the structural integrity of the house.
- Gaps Where Your Walls and Floors Meet. Cracks can be very stressful if not being treated earlier. These holes can further be the port of entry that will allow for some substances (such as water during the heavy flood) to go inside and cause damage to your houses.
- Drywall Cracks(Around Door Frames). This is a major consideration because they may lead to a more serious issue if not properly addressed, however small they may seem. Also, many of these cracks start to occur near doors or windows.
- Nail Pops. When you notice a small metal spike with a broadened flat head suddenly pops, you will know that there is a sure structural concern in your house thus, it needs immediate attention to avoid further harm.
- Cracked Basement Walls. Horizontal, stair-step or vertical.
- Uneven or Bouncy Floors. When floors are not even, this could be a very strong indication of structural problems. It is suggested to inspect the floors more often which relates to structural integrity because it is sometimes hard to spot the slope that is just minimal.
- Sticking Windows or Doors. This is also a strong indication that there is an existing structural problem in the house when you observe that some of the windows and/or doors do not open freely. This may cause windows to eventually crack.
- Sagging Roof Ridge. The ridgeline of the roof must and always remain upright and stiff when there are no problems. Any possible indication of sagging shows that the roof may be damaged or some sort of stress on the roof itself.
Structures are not always doomed to fail but, they do usually have a limited useful life. This is the reason why we all need to treat our own homes just like any other valued treasures we have. Routine inspection is encouraged to enable you to feel secure and safe.
Preventing severe house damage by regular checkups for structural problems like bowed walls, gaps (walls and floors meet), drywall cracks, nail pops, cracked basement walls, uneven floors, sticking windows /doors, and sagging roof ridge, is a must.
As your professional contractor in Naples, Smith Plastering, Inc. is highly experienced and skilled in providing top of the line service as your Naples stucco company, Naples stucco services, drywall contractor Naples, and metal framing Naples services. We also provide excellent drywall, stucco, and painting services in Southwest Florida.
For other detail information and inquiries, please do not hesitate to call us at 239-594-7537. Contact Smith Plastering, Inc. if you need help with all your home improvement needs. You may also visit our website: https://www.smithplastering.com.