Having your own house or apartment is a great achievement, and with it comes the excitement of deciding what to do with all that space! When it comes to designing your place, you’re the boss. We’re pretty sure that you’ve already come up with amazing ideas for your home’s interior, so we’re bringing you more to choose from.
Read these tips we’ve compiled below to add up to your design plans.
- On colors. The first thing you have to do is to decide on a palette. Do you aim for a neutral look, darker shades, or bold and brilliant colors? Whatever you decide on, make sure that the colors complement to avoid a disaster! If you want a pleasant smell for your paint job, you can try adding a few drops of vanilla extract to a gallon of paint. Practice first before you coat your walls to avoid mistakes. Tips: To create a tranquil atmosphere, you can go for dark blue wall paint. Use dark colors in dim places, and use the sunlight to your advantage. Warm colors coordinate well with the sunshine.
- On furniture. You don’t always have to follow the trend! Try going for pieces that would give any room a timeless or unique look. If you’re short of space, use white furniture to make a room visually spacious. You can also use furniture as separators between sections of your home. Try experimenting with slipcovers and neutral upholstery.
- On plants. Plants give a room life, so go take some choice greenery and put them on display! Be sure to water them when needed to prevent withering!
- On textures and fabrics. There are some textures and fabrics for every vibe you want to achieve. For instance, if you want a luxurious and elegant feel, use faux fur as a decorative piece of your choice (floor rugs, throw pillowcases, etc.) and choose gold or silver ornaments. Experiment with drapes, mantels, quilts, and curtains and see which best fits the vision you’ve made, but don’t overdo it! Establish balance to prevent an overcrowded aura. For your bedrooms, it best to keep your fabrics simple. You can exploit the element of texture through a mix of patterns, artwork, or finishes. All it takes is your inner creative eye!
- Other features. Low ceilings can be made visually higher through hanging your curtains high. You can layer rugs and design accumulated throughout the years. Try adding more pillows, lamps, paintings, china, or anything you think would help improve the look of your home. If you’ve got a little extra, you can try collecting statement pieces from now on! The Internet is filled with volumes of beautiful interior design ideas; you only need to do your research.
When it comes to making your home beautiful and comfortable, Smith Plastering is the perfect choice for the job. We are the masters in stucco and drywall finishes, as well as metal framing and painting services in Naples, Florida and would gladly cater to your needs with expert care. Our quality services have been tested and proven by our loyal clientele. If you ever need our services today, give us a call at 239-594-7537.